The summer school is open to final-year MSc students, PhD students, industry professionals, and researchers. Participants are expected to:
- Know the basics of optimization (Linear Programming, KKT conditions: see references below!)
- Have experience with a programming language suitable for implementing optimization problems (e.g., Python, Matlab, GAMS, Julia, …)
- Bring your laptop with Matlab, MATPOWER and CVX installed for the exercise sessions.
- Experience with power system operation and/or electricity market clearing will make the sessions easier to follow.
- Prepare a poster for the poster session on June 22 (please bring the printed poster on A0 format, 1189 x 841 mm). The poster should cover your current, past or future research. Industry professionals are expected to present their organization and/or field of work.
Reading material provided by the speakers will be available to the school. Participants are expected to read the material before attendance.
The following reading list is currently available, and may be updated in the coming weeks.
- Electricity market design: multi-interval pricing
- Strengths and Weaknesses of the PJM Market Model
- PJM Reserve Markets: Operating Reserve Demand Curve Enhancements
- Virtual Bidding and Electricity Market Design
- Market-Clearing Electricity Prices and Energy Uplift
Slides of DTU course Optimization in Modern Power Systems:
Introduction to convex optimization:
KKT conditions and duality: