The summer school is open to final-year MSc students, PhD students, industry professionals, and researchers. Participants are expected to:
- Know the basics of optimization (Linear Programming, KKT conditions: see references below!)
- Have experience with a programming language suitable for implementing optimization problems (e.g., Python, Matlab, GAMS, Julia, …)
- Bring your laptop with Matlab, MATPOWER and CVX installed for the exercise sessions.
- Create a CodeOcean login
- Experience with power system operation and/or electricity market clearing will make the sessions easier to follow.
- Prepare a poster for the poster session on June 17 (please bring the printed poster on A0 format, 1189 x 841 mm). The poster should cover your current, past or future research. Industry professionals are expected to present their organization and/or field of work.
Saverio Bolognani – Paper
Pierre Pinson – Book Chapter
Andrea Simonetto – Paper
Further reading material provided by the speakers will be available to the school. Participants are expected to read the material before attendance.
Slides of DTU course Optimization in Modern Power Systems:
Introduction to convex optimization:
KKT conditions and duality: